Table of Contents
Chapter 1 - Introduction
- This chapter introduces the book by providing some intriguing
questions and some facts and figures to support the main assumption of
Chapter 2 - A Growing Dependency
- This chapter describes how we depend on information and
information systems for every aspect of our lives in modern society and
how the damaging attacks on information or information services could be.
Chapter 3 - The Disrupters Are Among
- This chapter describes the different sorts of actors
that cause information protection failures and outlines their capabilities
and what they do.
Chapter 4 - Asleep At The Switch
- This chapter describes how the United States has missed
the boat in information protection and gives historical reasons that solving
today's challenges are complex and likely to take a long time.
Chapter 5 - Protecting Your Information
- This chapter tells you what people can do to protect
their information assets, with descriptions ranging from individuals to
companies of all sizes to national governments and military organizations.
Chapter 6 - Protection Posture
- This chapter describes information protection posture
assessments and outlines the results of several of these assessments and
how they effected the organizations that had them performed.
Chapter 7 - Summary and Conclusions
- This chapter summarizes the books, draws conclusions,
and concludes the main part of the book.
Appendix 1 - Details of the NII
- This appendix describes some of the components of the
national information infrastructure and its interation with other elements
of the critical infrastructures.
Appendix 2 - Case Studies
- This appendix gives details of information protection
posture assessments for a wide range or organizations.